- A recognition of the engagement of tourism companies that work towards developing and activating a type of tourism that advocates responsible practices in favour of the environment, the economy and local society
- It will be open to companies exhibiting at FITUR 2018, the International Tourism Trade Fair organised by IFEMA from 17 to 21 January at Feria de Madrid
In the context of the staging of the Year of Sustainable Tourism declared by the UN, Fundación InterMundial, in collaboration with FITUR and the Instituto Tecnológico Hotelero, ITH, is organising the first Responsible Tourism Award with the aim of recognising the engagement of tourism companies that work towards developing and activating a type of tourism that advocates responsible practices in favour of the environment, the economy and local society; responsible tourism whose benefits redound to society, strengthen respect for the environment and favour sustainable economic growth.
The Award is open to any FITUR 2018 exhibitor companies that in the past two years have been working to advance responsible tourism, implementing specific operating policies or measures or carrying out customer-centric actions. Any companies interested in participating should enter their candidatures by 12 December through the email firstname.lastname@example.org and fill in the registration form hosted by the FITUR website.
The Award consists of 3 categories according to the sector to which the participating company belongs:
- Hospitality (accommodation, restaurants and related services)
- Transport (means of transport, airports, ports and others)
- Tourist products and services (incentives and congresses, tour operators, agencies, leisure, health, etc.)
The judging panel, which will comprise recognised professionals from the tourism industry, will choose one winner per category. There will also be a special mention awarded by the jury to tourist destinations that have likewise implemented responsible tourism policies. This candidature should also be entered by sending the corresponding form to email@example.com.
The awards presentation will take place at FITUR 2018, the International Tourism Trade Fair organised by IFEMA from 17 to 21 January, as part of its FiturtechY section (Hall 10 – Feria de Madrid).